Green is the color of freshness, growth, abundance, and green is also the color that leads to good health. Experts recommend to “eat the rainbow” which means including natural foods like fruits and vegetables in different colors, representing the rainbow, like red, yellow, orange, purple, and of course green in your daily diet. In particular, green vegetables (with high chlorophyll), have abundant vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, bundled together in just a few calories. We are not talking about limiting greens to kale and spinach. There’s a whole lot of green veggies that help a great deal with weight loss too. We can safely say that with green veggies, it’s not only possible to lose weight, they will get you in the “pink of your health.” In this article, we list down 10 green vegetables that are good for weight loss.
1. Broccoli: Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that is full of nutrients and has numerous health benefits too that you should absolutely know about. Since broccoli is a water-dense vegetable, it’s extremely low in calories (just 34 calories per 100 gm). Rich in Vitamins A, C, E, K that boost metabolism. It also has calcium which can help cut that belly fat. Calcium is an important mineral that helps you burn more fat stored in the body, also prevents body from storing fat. The compound known as sulforaphane, according to a study, can boost weight loss, by decreasing food intake, and also improving leptin resistance. There are just 34 calories in 100 gm of broccoli. Ladies, there’s one more reason you should eat broccoli everyday – with its anti-ageing properties and lots of free radicals, your skin would glow. Also read: “Why Broccoli is Good For Weight Loss?”
2. Capsicum/Bell Peppers: It’s a water-dense veggie that also has vitamin C, and have a compound called capsaicin that causes thermogenesis and burns more calories. Available in red, yellow, and green varieties, bell peppers can be added to omelette, soups, salads, and so many other dishes. There are approximately 40 calories in 100 gm of bell peppers.
3. Leafy Vegetables: Spinach, kale, cilantro, arugula, celery, lettuce each one of these green veggies is low in calories and high on nutrient quotient including essential minerals like iron, folate, potassium, manganese etc.
4. Avocado: Though not exactly low in calories (a medium-sized avocado may have 322 calories), it has healthy fats that help trim down the waistline. Avocado also boosts metabolism and makes absorption of carotenoids and other fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K better – all of which help in the weight loss game. In fact, vitamin D deficiency has been linked to belly fat.
5. Cucumber: Cucumbers can help you lose weight because they are very low in calories, in fact they do not have more than 20 calories. Cucumbers are fat free so you can eat them without worrying about extra calories piling up at night. From adding them to detox drinks to salads, cucumber is a must-have vegetable when trying to lose weight.
6. Zucchini: It’s a high-fiber, water-dense vegetable, rich in vitamin C and A, and also minerals like manganese, magnesium, folate, copper, etc. Zucchini can be added to salad, pasta, and even spiralized and made into noodles! There are just 17 calories in 100 gm of zucchini.
7. Green Beans: Low in calories, high in fiber along with protein, green beans help to curb appetite and keep blood sugar stable. It has vitamin B9, vitamin A, and vitamin C too. Since both fiber and protein both boost weight loss, you can get it in green beans with only 31 calories per 100 gm.
8. Cabbage: It’s a high-fiber vegetable that’s great for digestion. It is low in fat as well but nutrient rich with vitamin A, C, and other minerals like iron, zinc, phosphorous, calcium, etc. The best thing about cabbage is you can add to salad, soup, make stuffed paratha and also stir fry with other veggies. There are just 25 calories in 100 gm.
9. Asparagus: Roasted, grilled or sauteed, asparagus is a humble side dish veggie with good amount of fiber which keeps appetite in check and helps cut down calories from the main meal. The calories per 100 gm is just 20!
10. Green Peas: A low-calorie veggie that’s available throughout the year in local grocery stores in the frozen section, is a nutrient-dense vegetable with protein, fiber, vitamin A, C, K, thiamine, and minerals like manganese, phosphorous, zinc, etc. Additionally, they also have antioxidants. The combination of protein and fiber in green peas promotes satiety and can fit into any weight loss diet. There’s approximately 5 gm of protein in 100 gm of green peas.
So, now that you know that these green veggies are indeed super weight loss friendly, use it generously in your daily diet and lose weight successfully on the Rati Beauty diet. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
Why Broccoli is Good For Weight Loss?
Can Capsaicin and Cayenne Pepper Help you Lose Weight?
The post 10 Green Vegetables That Are Good For Weight Loss appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
* This article was originally published here
Leave a Reply